*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

13 January, 2009

When I Am The Boss I Will....


Leave my secretary with absolutely nothing to do for seven hours, then give her ten projects to do at 4pm. Then, just for fun, I'll stop by her desk at 5pm as I'm leaving for the day. I'll tell her to go home but offer no advice on how she is supposed to both go home and complete the tasks I have assigned.

Walk to my secretary's desk and ask her to fax a piece of paper despite the fact that the walk to the fax machine would have been shorter than the walk to her.

Say things like “You! I need it now! Where is it?” then run into my office and slam the door, giggling at the fact that even I don’t know what I’m talking about.

3 comments:

Scintilla said...

Ohhh Nasty... You're not speaking from personal experience I hope (that is -the receiving end)!

Anait said...

Unfortunately, I'm constantly on the receiving end! Let's put it this way....working at law firms for the past three years was what convinced me to NOT go to law school. ;)

Tina said...

Sounds like you work at VPKK!!! Sorry I get treated like that ALL day EVERY day, so I know the feeling...I am as low as it gets on the totem pole around here :( You get used to it and ignore it, I think?!?!