*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

26 February, 2009

Dear Prince Charming,

I think I have already found you but, if not, please hurry up and find me. They say Prince Charming is out there waiting, but honestly, what are you doing waiting??? Get off your lazy bum and find me. If you're not more motivated than that, you won't be able to hold my interest for long.

And if you are who I think you are, know that you are everything I ever dreamed of and more. The minute I met you I felt something in my heart lock into place. A gentle breeze blew around us and, for a minute, the world stood still. Maybe we've loved each other before, in a previous life. Perhaps we were Anthony and Cleopatra, conquering desert lands. Or maybe we were Lancelot and Guinevere, indulging in forbidden passion. Whatever our past was, and no matter what the future holds, what I feel for you is epic.

Love is a temporary madness, they say.

"It erupts like a volcano and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is.

Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away."

One day, when we are old, I hope we will look back and see that the roots that we had growing towards each other are entertwined, that we are one tree, not two.

Maybe you don't feel the same for me. Perhaps I am simply a side-character in one of your chapters. Someday you will turn the page and find your Leading Lady. But if a woman's intuition is ever to be trusted, I can say that I am certain you are who I've been searching for.

Love is a fickle thing, it can slip through your fingers in an instant, drowned in the multitude of obstacles that make up Life. But Destiny has a way of arranging Fate, of making the impossible possible. You, the idea of you, had seemend impossible to me. Then, one summer night, I met you. Now the distance that separates us, the "not-knowing", seems so insignificant.

The Universe has a way of giving us what it is we TRULY desire. It gave me you, and now I can only hope that it will let me keep you.

Love,

a.

3 comments:

JouJou Loves You said...

Ummm...i think this is one of the best blog posts I have ever read about love. You are so brave ma belle!!! I love it!!!



p.s. I NEED that dress in your blog picture.

Anait said...

aw thank you darling!!

Oh don't you worry, I have already tried finding that dress, from googling "dress with bow in back" and other random variations to seeking out every link that has that picture....nada! if I ever figure out where to find it, i'll let you know :)

katerinafiore said...

Anait,

You have just wrote the exact story I am living in right now. I met him in the summer, I am a part from him now, and I want I truly desire is to have him back when I move back to Florence. :) Thank you! I love this post! I love your blog!! :) Baci!