*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

22 April, 2009

Excuse Me While I Stuff My Face

I'm an embarrassment to myself. There, I said it. I am a real-world Bridget Jones (minus the hot British men). Not a single day goes by where I don't

a) trip over myself (despite YEARS of dance lessons)
b) say something incredibly stupid without thinking (or, even worse, after thinking) and/or
c) [insert all possible forms of humiliation here]

I used to convince myself that this was endearing. Cute. Who, after all, doesn't like Bridget Jones??

Well, it's a little difficult to convince myself I'm being endearing when I manage to shove half a muffin into my mouth just as my boss comes up to the desk to speak with me. Even harder when he asks me a question and I try franticly to chew faster in order to answer, jaws moving back and forth like a camel (or, more appropriately, a cow).

Maybe the endearing part was when my face turned a deep shade of crimson usually reserved for Merlot. Yea, that's it.

1 comment:

204 said...

I am interning with these photographers ...and one Ive worked with for two days and all he can say to me is:

-Kayleigh, you are so, so very clumsy
-Kayleigh, when does the verbal diarrhea stop?

I always hope someone out there finds it endearing too, aside from my mother and best friend.

at least we are in this together. ;)