*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

18 June, 2009

My First Award!

I've received my first blog award!! Thank you, Annika!

The award is given by other bloggers who consider a blog’s content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant.

Ten honest things about me....voila:


1. I hate, hate, hate being nagged. The more I am nagged, the more I put off the task, just out of spite.


2. I am a Celine Dion fan. I did grow up in Quebec, after all! She's our most famous export. My very first CD was her D'eux album, and those songs remain my favorites today.


3. I sometimes stop making or taking calls, responding to e-mails and other communication, just because I need a break. This can last a few days or weeks. I know its time to get back into the game when I get calls or emails asking "are you alive???"


4. All the men I've dated are foreign: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Armenian and Russian. What can I say, I'm a sucker for accents!! I'm a culture whore ; ) As such, most of my relationships have been long distance. I'm looking forward to having a relationship where I can show up on my boyfriend's doorstep without having to take a transatlantic flight.


5. I'm impulsive, curious and spontaneous to a fault. Climb over that gated fence? Sure. Book plane tickets for flights within Europe without booking a plane ticket TO Europe? Why not, they were on sale!


6. I love driving. Sometimes I will drive the long way just to have more time in the car. Windows open, music playing, I'm in control.


7. I'm a book nerd. Ridiculously so. I can read a 300 page book from start to finish in an hour or two. The library and bookstores are my favorite places to go to relax.


8. I am a complete retard when it comes to math and science. I couldn't help my sister with her 5th grade homework and I still can't quite explain photosynthesis. Funny, considering both my parents are genius scientists.


9. I dream of one day owning a tea shop/cafe/bookstore by the mediterranean. A cozy place with shuttered windows, a counter full of tempting sweets, artwork on the walls and cozy armchairs surrounded by bookshelves (see # 7).


10. I lost my phone almost a month ago and have JUST now ordered a replacement. I don't miss it, at all. I briefly considered just getting a house phone but my family and friends threw a temper tantrum, so I relented.There! 10 things. Now, I'm passing the award on to these lovely writers who inspire me daily:

Jou Jou

Katie

Lo

Kayleigh

No comments: