*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

17 July, 2009

Italia, Mi Manchi

Maybe its because I am (STILL) going through Europe withdrawal, or possibly because a friend is making a dream-come-true move there--whatever the reason, I REALLY miss Italy. I miss the exuberance, passion and sheer larger than life attitude of the people, the stunning scenery, and, most of all, I miss speaking Italian, feeling like a local.

Needless to say, I am now planning a trip to Italia....most likely for about two weeks early next winter. Between school and work, I'll have to find the best time to escape, but I do know exactly where I want to go: Firenze, Siena, Bologna, and Pisa. If time and money permit, I might head upwards to Spain and spend a few days in Barcelona.....and from Barcelona, Paris is only a short plane ride away. On second thought, probably best to avoid temptation altogether and just stay in Italy!!

I know I should stay in the States, save money for my move to Paris, pay off my debt, etc etc. I know this. But my gypsy soul craves travel and, while I can deny myself material things, I cannot stifle the urge to be somewhere else.


"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

4 comments:

JouJou Loves You said...

Ahhh I love the quote at the end.

Feed that hunger mama...you will get there soon enough. I promise you!!!!

Annika said...

That's one of my all-time favorite quotes! Leonardo da Vinci, what a remarkable man.

Needless to say, I understand you 100%. Strange, isn't it, how strong that wanderlust is!

204 said...

wanderlust. :0) fuck debt. money is an illusion. most things in life are, really.

katerinafiore said...

You only live once cara mia!!! Live in the moment!!! baci!!!!