*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

16 July, 2009

Scratch and Sniff


Ever since I was given a sample tube of Crabtree & Evelyn La Source body cream five years ago, I have been hooked. It's nourishing, smells nice without being obtrusive, and, at $10 a tube, is affordable.

Apparently, it is also a man magnet.
--------------------

It is late summer and I am sitting at a small water-front bar in beautiful Sorrento on the Amalfi coast. The bar windows are open, the night air blows a cool breeze, the bartender is mixing me a caipirinha and I am wearing my favorite off the shoulder shirt. I have a slight sunburn, so I take out my tube of lotion and rub a little on my shoulder. Life is good.

All of a sudden, there is a handsome Italian at my side. He sits next to me, puts his hand around my waist and....sniffs my shoulder.

"You smell delicious", he says.

I laugh, roll my eyes and reply, "Thank you, I took a shower this morning".

He shakes his head, adamant. "No, it is the smell of a woman", he says.

--------------------



I laughed the incident away, but since then, whenever I leave the house I make sure to put on that lotion. I smell it and am instantly transported back to that crowded bar, to that summer full of new adventures, new friends and endless memories. All for $10. I'd say it's a small price to pay...

2 comments:

JouJou Loves You said...

Mwwaahahaha...I'm totally going to smell your shoulder like that and fake an Italian accent.

Anait said...

ahahahah I am looking forward to it!!