*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

13 September, 2010

Complete


I read a quote once, when I was little, that said you should find someone who complements you, rather than completes you. At the time, I thought it was the most brilliant thing I'd ever heard. I don't need anyone to complete me...I am complete, I thought. I will find someone who complements me, whose being runs parallel to mine, without encroaching on who I am.

Now that I'm older, I realise how wrong that quote was, at least for me. I don't want his being to run parallel to mine, I want it to be so intertwined with mine that it becomes impossible to pull us apart. In the way that you can't understand something you don't know, you can only truly feel the void in your heart when you find someone who fills it.

And then you realise what you have been missing and that, finally, you are complete.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

i agree with you =)

Gabriel said...

i agree with you =)