*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

22 September, 2010

Today I Am Happy (and 24)


In the past, my happiness was contingent upon the things I wanted from life. Since my last birthday, my life has changed and I find that I am happy (incredibly happy) with what (and who) I have in my life.

I have been considering these past few months the possibility of living in Europe for some time, next fall. As anyone who knows me, or has read even a few entries of this blog, can attest, living in Europe has been a life-long dream of mine. Imagine then my shock when I realised that I don't want to leave in the fall. I have found love here, in Chicago, and while I am still full of wanderlust, I am no longer restless. I want to settle down, to build roots.

I'm not giving up on my dream; I WILL live in Europe, at least for some time - but only when its possible for US to live in Europe. Not even Paris can fill the void in my heart when my love is not by my side.

Which brings me to my favorite part about birthdays: presents! The man I love most in this world is moving (for good!) to Chicago. I will see him on Sunday and, for the first time since we're together, we won't have to count the days until his, or my, departure.

And that is the best birthday present of all time.

4 comments:

Annika said...

that sounds wonderful! Happy birthday Anahit!

Gabriel said...

i'm happy for you, H.B!

Magdalena said...

wonderful :) happy birthday to you, indeed!

while I am living in europe right now, I do understand what you're talking about--building roots. I think there's a good chance that once this year is over I will go back to USA and stay there for a longer time.

take care xxx

Anait said...

Thank you, everyone! :)