*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

27 October, 2010

Grownups

I think Le Petit Prince had it right....

"All grown-ups were children first. (But few remember it).

Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is exhausting for children to have to provide explanations over and over again.

That's the way they are. You must not hold it against them. Children should be very understanding of grown-ups.
... I have had, in the course of my life, lots of encounters and lots of serious people. I have spent lots of time with grown-ups. I have seen them at close range... which hasn't much improved my opinion of them."

----------

I wish the little prince had covered living with grownups. Or, alternatively, how to make money grow on trees so as to not have to live with grownups.

Any chance for a sequel?

3 comments:

Simply Mel said...

Sadly, I think this is where we have to write our own chapter...

Oh how I wish life was as beautiful as the childhood years!

Anait said...

You're right, Mel - like they say, nothing good comes easily!

Betsey said...

Hi dear! love this post...
also, CONGRATS! You're the winner of the Libby Walker Notebook Giveaway on my blog! Send me an email when you get this so I can give you details and get your mailing address! Congrats again! :) :)

peacelovebellavita@yahoo.com