*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

16 November, 2010

Taxi!


Today I took a cab to the train station. On the way, I struck up a conversation with the Colombian driver about school, relationships and life in general. I love charismatic cab drivers.

We pulled up to the train station and I handed her my credit card ( I had told her in advance I didn't have cash). She wouldn't take it and insisted on giving me a free ride.

I love when the extreme, unbridled kindness of strangers takes me by surprise.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is so darn sweet!!! I encountered some pretty interesting cab drivers on my last trip to NYC... you never know what to expect when you get in that taxi!! hehe!!

I try to remember how much it always means to me when I experience a random act of kindness from a stranger... we should all pass along that kindness whenever we get the opportunity to! ;)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so lovely..Little stuff like that totally make my day:)
Kisses, my dear

Ps: I’m hosting a Pistacho Press GIVEAWAY today, so please join in :)