*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

06 December, 2010

Letter to the person who hurt me the most

To be honest, there isn't a person who has hurt me the most. In my life, there have been a few people who have disappointed me, lied to me and even betrayed me. The worst were those that hurt me for no reason at all, but who managed to make me feel I deserved it. Ultimately, I learned to give myself worth and not rely on the actions of others to measure what I deserved but, rather,to measure others against what I deserved. Sometimes, when I think of a particular time I was hurt, I feel a tiny pang but it quickly goes away. That is what life is - a series of joys, hurts, achievements, disappointments - without pain we cannot measure pleasure.

And though it is right to forgive, I don't think a true hurt is ever forgotten.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

So true, sweet girl. We all feel those pangs sometimes - when we think about how we've been hurt. I love what you said about measuring others against what you deserve... that is so, so wise.

And I want to thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog... they sure mean the world to me!! :)

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

This is such a great post! I have to say, I have someone like that in my life too...and you are so right in what you say! Especially, that you can forgive, but it is probably not forgotten...that is where I am at! Thanks for this, and the quote!

Liesl :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a great post and I totally agree with you:) Thanks so much for this and the quote:)
Hugs and kisses

Ps: I am hosting a stunning leather clutch GIVEAWAY today, just in time for Holiday Parties

Anait said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments, they made my day! xx