*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

05 January, 2011

Chalkboard Paint


I had heard of chalkboard paint, but it wasn't until I read Meg's blog and saw her creative applications of it that I decided to try my hand at it.

It's really very easy. Chalkboard paint can be found, most likely, at your local art store (call in advance, just in case) and its uses are virtually endless. You can paint wood, cork board, walls, canvases, anything you want to have a chalkboard surface. Some materials, such as wood, require you to prime the surface first for a smooth finish.


I decided to try it on canvas. I did about four layers (with an hour in between layers to allow the paint to dry completely), added a favorite quote and voila!

The quote is from Le Petit Prince - "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye".

15 comments:

Styles 'n Cream said...

I love this DIY project. I love chalkbord walls or parts of walls in kitchens. The only thing stopping me for doing it is the fear that it will get messy and dusty with the kids writing on it all the time.

xoxo

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

I haven't seen that before, how fantastic! Definitely going to have to get some :)

Paislea Elyse said...

i have yet to use the chalk board paint but i think it's so cool. one day when i have a kid, i want to do their entire room in this paint... or at least a stripe of it about eye level for a little tyke...it'd be so fun!

but about the offer - anytime. i would be more than willing to assist!

allister bee blog

Everything and Anything said...

Jolie "quote"!!! I m not into DIY but this is a good idea.

Anait said...

@styles 'n cream: It's very easy to clean up! I just wiped it with a paper towel and it was like new. You can always paint a new layer over it, once it gets old :)

Melissa said...

love it! Wish I could paint all my walls with chalkboard paint so I can draw on the walls whenever I am bored. Happy New Year =)

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

A friend of mine did one of her walls and I loved the idea!!! GREAT JOB!!!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
http://blogcouture.bigcartel.com/

Magdalena said...

very cool. I want to try this!

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore chalkboard paint and Im planning to get some too..It looks amazing,sweetie
Hugs and kisses

LatteLisa said...

cool DIY!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

This is so neat! I might have to try this. :) Great quote.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

dulci said...

Love this! Check out my travel blog:
http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

xo!

Meghan said...

Love this! What a great idea to put it on canvas and add your favourite quote :)

Anait said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm telling you, chalkboard paint is addicting!

Brandi said...

This looks fantastic! I've been wanting to get chalkboard paint for sometime now, to paint labels on the jars I use for my baking supplies. I really need to get to that soon!