*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

18 January, 2011

Detox


After this weekend's food fest (see post below), it was time for a detox. Enter the "Green Monster", a smoothie which has been popular, apparently, for quite some time but which I just discovered yesterday. I never thought I would drink something with two cups of spinach, but it's true what they say -- you can't even taste it!

You can find the recipe here.

But its time to do a detox in other areas of my life, as well. Jillian Michaels kicked my butt this morning, and I'm planning on going back for more every day. My room is slowly going from cozy to cluttered and its time to clean out the closets and organize all the rest. Time to get back into school full throttle, and plan the next few months. No more laziness.

“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. no apologies or excuses. no one to lean on, rely on, or blame. the gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. this is the day your life really begins.”
-Bob Moawad

12 comments:

magdalena viktoria said...

Love that quote. Read it this morning. awesome.

Hooray on taking control on bettering yourself.

LatteLisa said...

I remember when an old neighbour of mine told me about a strawberry smoothie with spinach and I thought she had totally lost it. Then one day she simply brought me a glass of it and it was insanely good (also includes one banana, dates & almonds).

These days I'm hooked on smoothie with organic plain yoghurt, one banana, handful of raspberries, 3 almonds, a touch of agave syrup and ice.

Good luck with the organizing ;-)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is such a beautiful quote. That detox drink looks good..I love all things green:) Good luck with sorting out your room,sweetie and wish you a wonderful day
Kisses

Allison said...

Omg, I am so proud of you for trying this - and you have inspired me to make it too. I have to say, I've had the Odwalla (or Naked, I can't remember which) Green Machine drink, and it's awful. It literally tasted like grass. Now hearing positives about this, you are going to inspire me to actually eat breakfast (my mother will be thrilled!).

Good luck with the room cleanse, dear. Love that quote - so perfect!

Jenni said...

I can't do those Green Machine drinks. I guess there's a reason they call them a "detox." My tummy gets soooo upset!!

Good luck girl!!

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

I REALLY need a detox. So, I might hyave to try this. Haha. I dont mind spinich at all, but in a shake..in sounds gross. But I believe you when you say you can hardly taste it.
Thats a great quote by the way, I put it on my tumblr so I could remember it! :)

-Bob Moawad

Holly said...

Ack! That spinach smoothie does look kind of gross, but I bet it might actually be kind of good...hmm...

Gillian said...

Gorgeous quote!! And looks like a delicious detox! I may do one next month, but for now I have some playing around with chocolate and baking to do :)

A La Mode et Plus! said...

I am inspired by this quote!

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

I'd like to try detoxing one day but I have a feeling I wouldn't make it very far. Good luck with your detox!

Tucker said...

That quote hit home!

I've been talking about a detox for a while ... just got to do it!

Salony said...

I usually don't venture into the world of detox drinks, as I always end up being a bit, well, disgusted ;)! But if this is a good one, I might give it a try one day...