*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

03 January, 2011

La Rentrée


I can't believe I'm saying this but, I am very ready to go back to school. I know I'll be complaining shortly, and I can already feel the deadlines looming and late night paper writing marathons are on the horizon but after a month off, I'd rather be busy than sitting at home. Thankfully, I'll be back in classes next week, and my course-load plus two upcoming conferences will quickly leave me longing for days spent doing nothing. But that's the way it always is, isn't it?

Thursday my love and I are leaving on a long-awaited weekend trip, and I (really, really, really) can't wait. We haven't spent much time together during the holidays, so we'll finally have a few days with nothing but each other's company. We'll be staying at a charming bed & breakfast in a small town about three hours away, and I foresee a lot of cuddling, dinners by the fireplace, snow fights and bubble baths.

It will be both a perfect start to the new year, and a relaxing re-entry into the chaos that will ensue next week.

(via)

9 comments:

Ashley Hasty said...

I'm new to your blog...I saw your comment on ExPresso and thought I'd bop on over to your blog and say a quick hello!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

Thank you for the comment :) And I know exactly what you mean, I always end up missing studying while on holidays..though I have a very different feeling about it come exam time! Your trip away sounds lovely, I hope you have a wonderful time :)

Paislea Elyse said...

i love your blog here darling. it's so cute!!! and i feel ya, i haven't been to school since high school. i took a 2 year long hiatus.. and it's been nice but i need to get back into things... wish me luck as i'll be going back this fall!

allister bee blog

Emily said...

Oh my, that sounds like the most romantic weekend! Enjoy!

Magdalena said...

ah, perfect. enjoy!

Meghan said...

Hi Anait!

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I know what you mean about school too - when I was in school I was always so excited to go back and then was left wondering what I was thinking. Now that I am done, I wish for nothing more than to go back!

And thank you so much for reading my blog and for your nice comments!

My husband is Armenian! The last name totally gives it away. I am actually Ukrainian though, my maiden name is Andruschak. :)

Brandi said...

Anait, I'm so glad you found my blog too. And I'm with you on school -- I started classes today and I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things (though some days, I'm really ready to be done with school). Happy New Year -- I'm off to poke around your lovely blog more.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip,sweetie. We just had a little skiing getaway last week and it was so nice to be away from home and everyday stuff. Have a wonderful trip and good luck with all the school work:)
Kisses and hugs

Everything and Anything said...

I understand what you mean. Too much of a good thing can get boring. Well, try o enjoy the time left and be refreshed for the semester!Take care