*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

17 February, 2011

Deal-Breaker


I often hear people refer to something as a deal breaker in romantic relationships. For example, smoking or a certain way of dress or eating habits.

I've been thinking, do these "deal breakers" exist for two people in love?

I have been in relationships before when a certain quirk or habit or character trait so grated on me that it eventually brought an end to things. But I was never in love before my present relationship.

After some thought, I've come to a conclusion which is in a way intuitive to those in love: being in love means there are no deal breakers. They exist only in the clear light of day before that solid feeling that what you've found is forever.

Because once you've taken the leap, deal-breakers are no longer deal-breakers. They are problems you work through, or imperfections that only make you love that person more.

A deal is a deal, after all.

5 comments:

Meghan said...

great post - and I totally agree :)

magdalena viktoria said...

agree with you completely--you put it so well.

Sonja said...

Awww I love this!
So true. :o)

Well said.

LatteLisa said...

totally agree with you, well said ;-)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i really like this post. and photo. and regarding your comment, leggings are just the best, are they not? i can't wait for skirt/dress weather, either!