*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

20 February, 2011

Portugal, Here I Come!

(all images via google search)

A few weeks ago I received news that I've been invited to present at a conference in Oporto, Portugal this coming August. I know August is months and months away but I have not been able to stop thinking about and planning the trip. And, of course, Portugal is only a hop, skip and a jump away from Paris! I might also sneak a few days in Riga to visit my grandparents.

In case you haven't noticed, I am travel-obsessed and love making lists and itineraries. The only problem is I won't be able to make any definitive plans until May....and that seems so far away! I'll probably drown under piles of travel guides, flight schedules and maps by then.

If you've been to Oporto, or Portugal in general, please do drop me a line with any suggestions.

Just looking at photos makes my heart beat faster. So giddy with anticipation!

10 comments:

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

It looks so beautiful!! No matter what, it is going to be one amazing trip :)

Everything and Anything said...

lucky you!!!! I know it s for serious matter but you can squeeze in some very fun things here and there!! Have fun and ENJOY!!( i know it s months months away but I can imagine the excitment! I would be excited too!)

Meghan said...

how exciting! I have never been there, but look so beautiful!

LatteLisa said...

that's great news! I've never visited Portugal but for a long time it has been on my want-to-go-there list. One of my best friends spent one year there as an exchange student and loved it. She (and my hubby) introduced me to fado music, which I absolutely love.

magdalena viktoria said...

so great for you!! I can feel your excitement :)

Emily said...

How exciting! What an honor for you! Have fun!

Tucker said...

I'd be giddy too!! its a dream vacay to head to portugal. if i find anything about it, i'll drop you a line.

xo

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i've never been to portugal. trying to go this summer though!

Anait said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! I keep having to remind myself that I'm not just going for vacation...I"ll have work to do! :) But that's just for a few days....and the rest will be FUN FUN FUN

stephanie said...

How amazing! Looks beautiful! How close is it to Lisbon? We went there in November of 09 and it was AMAZING!