*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

05 June, 2011

sometimes i feel things that refuse to offer words

sometimes my hands want to weave the feelings from my head, tie them into ultra-violet ribbons for you to unwrap and knot again. sometimes these thoughts crack and start to leak, i pretend they melted and made the sky. they lose their pink breath inside my body, start to swell before they rise, start to float before i can swallow them with hands or tongue. sometimes what i’ve got to say is best when i don’t say it. and when i feel you, i feel you all over. it goes past my words and sinks into a soft swollen secret. it slips from my reaches, it hums on the outskirts of my thoughts. six am and my head was filled with red and blue popping stars. the sun was peeking from our shadows and i wanted to steal your watery eyes as a reminder, wanted to pour and hang in the air like i could freeze the liquid of the moment and study it’s parts. sometimes when what i’ve got to say can’t fit into the slow symbols of a word or dangle from the ribcage of some golden knitted sentence, it’s best when i don’t say it. when i scribble the thoughts and they can’t pour the way they fall inside my head like heavy hot rain, it’s best when i don’t say it. we were coming down, spheres of lights waited on the otherside like an audience, can you still feel it? we stood on a dividing line, a speck of temporary beneath the sea of infinite. squinted our eyes and pretended to pluck it’s pieces, hid them in baskets made from our shirts. the universe was sinking into the wet and sandy palms of our hands, for the moment we grabbed it. and for the rest of my life, i’ll never give it back.

[I can't find the original source of this....it has been saved in my inspiration folder for quite a while....if you know who wrote it, please let me know!]

6 comments:

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

This is fantastic! That last sentence is just perfect :)

Magdalena Viktoria said...

oooh, oooh, I liked this so much! So many lines just fit perfectly for me. creative inspiration xoxo

Allison said...

This is beautiful. I wish I had more words for it, but it is just beautiful beyond measure, and I think anything I try to contribute to it will just take away from the beauty.
I'm absolutely bookmarking this in an inspiration folder!

Petite Voyageur said...

i love the part you highlighted, its beautiful

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

Such beautiful words... Never read them before, hope you can find the source! Thank you for you visit and comment earlier:)

Alissa said...

I love this! My computer crashed recently so I lost all my saved poems and quotes. I'm excited to make this my first one :)