*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

03 August, 2011

Torn


I want to hear raucous music, to see faces, to brush against bodies, to drink fiery Benedictine. Beautiful women and handsome men arouse fierce desires in me. I want to dance. I want drugs. I want to know perverse people, to be intimate with them. I never look at naive faces. I want to bite into life, and to be torn by it.
Henry and June by Anais Nin

It never ceases to amaze me what a way with words she had. Her unapologetic passion for life in all its excess is simply amazing.

8 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Like you, her words always leave me feeling blissfully restless, yet strangely satisfied.

LatteLisa said...

I was just browsing that book in a bookshop the other day. Damn, why didn't I buy it?

Tucker said...

oh gosh - she is amazing. i love this!

Sienna said...

oh , i love that line about being bitten into life. what a way to phrase that.

Sonja said...

Passion is right! This is awesome.
Thanks for your comment, and for checking in on the laziest blog ever! haha Ugh I can't believe how long I didn't write for....but I'm glad to be back, and glad to catch up on yours too!!! :o)

JouJou Loves You said...

That will always be one of my most beloved books that I own. What a woman she was!!!!

She gives me strength in my convictions as a woman, a lover, a human being...

Miss you beautiful. God I love your mind and soul.

Elizabeth .: Have Your Cake Blog said...

Beautiful! What an exciting statement.

And I'm so glad I'm not alone with the nail thing! I actually looked into the vitamin deficiency thing too but I work in healthcare and had colleagues quickly eliminate that as a possibility. I guess it's just how our nails grow! We're so unique haha

Monica {bohemian twilight} said...

yes, she's amazing, and love the photo.