*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

27 May, 2011

Free E-Books

Although I (still) refuse to get on board the nook/kindle train, I won't say no to free books. I found a website where you can download free PDF versions of books to read on your PC (or on your Kindle, etc.). They have thousands of books in different languages, covering every imaginable topic. The downloading process is a bit tedious, but worth it, especially since most of the books they have retail for around $20 on amazon in their paperback/hardcover form.

I downloaded quite a few books last night - seeing as how I'm travel obsessed (have you noticed?) I went straight to the travel section and kept downloading until I ran out of patience.

Below are the ones I've downloaded - if you would like a copy of any of them and want to avoid the time consuming downloading process, leave your e-mail in the comments ( I will keep them private) and I will send you a PDF copy!


Frommers 2010 Travel Guides to:

Alaska
Beijing
Switzerland
Grand Canyon
Seattle
500 Places for Food and Wine Lovers
Boston
Hawaii
Panama
South Africa
Scotland
New Orleans
Montreal and Quebec
Bahamas
Paris
Moscow & St. Petersburg
South Korea
New York
Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyards
Washington DC
Provence & the Riviera
New York Memorable Walks
Eastern Europe
Edinburgh & Glasgow


Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guides - Madeira, Portugal


According to Amazon prices, the above would have cost me around $600. That's enough for a plane ticket, people!



3 comments:

Petite Voyageur said...

ohh i definitely want some of those travel guides...gott alove free e books! where are you traveling this august?

Miyan said...

you are so cute! i got your letter, pen pal & will ge to writing you back now :)) this is fun!

ps- yay for the beach in the previous post!!!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Helen said...

oh my GOODNESS. this is too perfect because I just booked my family vacation to berlin, vienna, and prague!! I actually was about to go to a bookstore and start buying travel guides -- you rock anait!!