*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

13 May, 2011

Life As A Grad Student

Found in an abandoned drawer in the office: a paper draft + bottle of Jameson.

Graduate school in a nutshell.

My first year as a graduate student has come to a close, and I can wholeheartedly say that it was a good one. After three years in the big, bad corporate world, it has been so enriching to be back in an atmosphere where ideas are encouraged, like-minded students meet to discuss life and philosophy over coffee, and my efforts are appreciated.

And now, after weeks of sleepless nights and frenzied paper writing, I can rest my brain from principles of economics, civil wars, genocide, conflict resolution and the like.

Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

LatteLisa said...

Sounds fabulous that your semester is over :-)

Emily said...

Congrats on finishing your first year of grad school!! Have a great weekend!

Petite Voyageur said...

i loved this post, it makes me so excited for grad school. what did you study? i'm spending the first year getting my MA in publishing and then i deferred law school so I'll be starting law next year :) xxx Sienna

Helen said...

Congrats on a great first year! So happy that you feel creatively encouraged!

Everything and Anything said...

This is great that all went well!!! Take time to relax and take care !

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

It sounds like a wonderful first year!

Miyan said...

one year down in grad school is such an accomplishment! congrats, girl! i love the photo, btw... haha! just got accepted myself, we will have much to talk about :))

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com