*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

08 May, 2011

Mama


The older I get, the more I realise how much my mother sacrificed for me in life. And sometimes, it terrifies me that I won't live up to her standards. I want her to look at her life, at her children and feel that all the sacrifices she made were worth it.

Because the closer I get to being a mother myself (not for a few years, yet!), the enormity of it all begins to dawn on me.

She sacrificed her world so that mine would be larger.

When I have children, I will do some things differently than my mother. Our parents aren't perfect, after all.

But when it comes to teaching them to be good, honest, kind people, to put family first, to appreciate good friendships, to set goals and achieve them, I will look to my mother's example. And hope that I can do all she did, and still keep my sanity.

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely mothers! You deserve more than just one day.

9 comments:

stephanie [the merry way] said...

This is a beautiful post - it's true that the older you get, and the closer you get to being a mother yourself, the more the "weight" of it hits you! happy mother's day! (and such a cute pic)

magdalena viktoria said...

beautiful--brought tears to my eyes.
I understand your words so well.

Emily said...

A lovely sentiment about your mom!! Seriously, so well-written. Happy day to you!

LatteLisa said...

Beautiful post, Anait.
That photo is so cute.

Everything and Anything said...

I love the picture!! Have a wonderful week!!

Petite Voyageur said...

Aww this makes me cry, what a sweet post. I agree, mother's deserve more than one day.

Claire said...

Oh, your Mama's so pretty. My Mom sacrificed a lot for my life, too. Now that I'm a mother I make sure to mind myself as well as my children. It's a fascinating thing, becoming like your mother. I can't say I'm too much like mine, but I'm an awful lot like my grandmother.

Happy Spring,
Claire

a classy teen said...

An amazing, beautiful statement.
brought tears.

http://aclassyteen.blogspot.com/

Paislea Elyse said...

awe!! this is such a great post. i love it. and the picture is perfect. so cute!

allister bee blog