*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

09 June, 2011

Birchbox






I read about Birchbox last month in a magazine, and signed up right away. Birchbox is an online retailer of luxury beauty products and they offer a subscription service that sends you a box of luxe beauty samples monthly, for only $10/month. You can cancel at any time, as you pay month-by-month. And, if you really like any of the samples you receive, you can buy the full size through Birchbox at a discounted rate.

I was slightly hesitant as I waited for my first "beauty box", but, it arrived yesterday and I was more than pleasantly surprised. The packaging was well done (I'm a sucker for pretty packaging!) and the samples were themed.

"We've got a case of wanderlust --we're dreaming of tropical isles with deserted white sand beaches and exotic cities filled with colorful bazaars. Is it any surprise that this month's box is all about travel? We're excited to share our favorite vacation-ready products and jetsetter tips..."

Could they have picked a better theme to hook this customer? Wanderlust, tropical isles, beaches, exotic cities, bazaars.....I loved it before I even looked at the contents!

In my box this month:

Archipelago Pomegranate Soap (smells heavenly)

Kate Spade Twirl Perfume Sample (A little to floral for my taste, but my sister loved it)

Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten (This actually came in the FULL size...a $30 product. I used it last night and received a few compliments on my glowing skin)

Sircuit Cosmeceuticals Molecular Mist (An Evian-like face mist. It did a good job hydrating but the vanilla scent was too overpowering for something that goes on my face)

Deborah Lippmann Stripper to Go Nail Lacquer Removers (Love these. They smell great and are so handy for travel)

It is so much fun to receive a little box of beauty samples in the mail -- it balances out the not so pleasant bills and such :)

If I've convinced you to give it a try, you can sign up here.




13 comments:

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

That is such a good idea, I may have to sign up :) I love Kate Spade's perfume Twirl! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog... I am so glad I found yours!

LatteLisa said...

the packaging is so cute and what a perfect theme ;-)

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

you are so right...what a perfect box for you!

how did the apartment hunting go?

bisous,
melissa

Clare said...

Oooooh, that looks fun. I love the idea of getting goodies in the mail. I've been doing gift box swaps with other blogging ladies for the last four months or so and now that I don't have one I'm kinda sad! I keep thinking that I'll never get anything good in the mail again ;)

I hope you're having a wonderful day,
Clare

Allison said...

This is a lovely idea -- like you, I adore good packaging! All these items sound amazing -- I'll definitely have to check it out :)
Hope you're doing well, my dear! xo

stephanie [the merry way] said...

oh wow - i'm impressed, and glad for the good review - those things always make me a little wary, but hearing your positive experience I might just have to sign up!

Deidre said...

What an interesting idea! I never use beauty stuff (I am allergic to everything) so this wouldn't be my cup of tea, but love the concept!

Petite Voyageur said...

that beauty box looks really good, they have a lot in it. thanks for the sweet bday comment love!!!!!

Magdalena Viktoria said...

I like the idea of this a lot. Once I get a sorta permanent address (or know where I will be) I'd like to sign up. :)

Meghan said...

cool! You may have convinced me...

Meghan said...

aw :( They don't ship to Canada. Oh well...

jillian m. said...

Ah, this is so cool! I'm a sucker for makeup! You're a very bad influence on me...haha.

amy b.s. said...

i've been thinking about signing up for a while now. you may have just convinced me!