*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

02 June, 2011

Roma








Rome is effortless - its antiquidated charm, colorful stucco walls, vibrant neighborhoods, lively locals and cafes that beckon from every laundry silhouetted alley make for a city that is easy to explore, easy on the eyes and, most importantly, easy on the soul.

To me, Rome is carelessness - not the raucous kind, but one that allows you to step outside your front door, and embrace whatever the day may bring with arms wide open, blissful and unabashed.

In Rome, we explored ruins, piazzas, small pizzerias where we watched futbol matches with over-zealous fans. We hopped in and out of boutiques, acquiring a silky dress in one, a flowing scarf in another.

We maneuvered around speeding vespas and old mercedes. At night, we crossed the bridge to Trastevere where a tree lined street hid many lively clubs where we danced until our feet hurt and drank until we could no longer feel the pain.

We participated in street performances, joined a massive demonstration and wandered cobblestone streets until the wee hours of the morning.

In short, we lived every single moment.

11 comments:

Malin said...

Rome is indeed effortless! It's such a gorgeous place!!
I've been lucky enough to visit several times, as my mum has recently moved there.. Looking forward to spending even more time there!

jillian m. said...

I'm dreaming of Rome now. Love the fountain picture. The last one is impressive too. Just gorgeous.

Everything and Anything said...

Pictures of Rome makes me always dreamy!!! Love these pictures!!

Magdalena Viktoria said...

I love the way you described Roma. Oh, my, I would love to go back there... lovely pics as well!

LatteLisa said...

when in Rome, do as the Romans do ;-)

Petite Voyageur said...

i cannot wait to get to rome after this post girl, and i love the way you describe, rome i havent been in 2 years and this just brought it all back!

Tucker said...

i just got chills from reading this. rome is truly magical and yes - in rome it is easy to find yourself living every single moment.

Helen said...

love this post -- am so happy you had a great time! agree with you that rome has a certain joyful carelessness. I've only been once, and it was such a mix of old and new. I loved the ruins!

I want to see what your new dress and scarf look like! :)

Red Boots said...

Rome is beautiful - definitely one of my favourite cities! I love your photos, and you text makes me feel like I'm back there again!

x

ps: thanks for the travel advice. We are definitely thinking about Spain. Ibiza in particular. The quiet part. Perhaps Santa Eulalia. The thought of it keeps me warm on cold Scottish days!!

Monica {bohemian twilight} said...

ah, beautiful, you've reminded me of our wonderful time there. so much to see and so much to breathe in.

amy b.s. said...

love rome. love. this so makes me want to go back. right now!