*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

27 June, 2011

Scenes From The Weekend

I spent the weekend at my love's flat in the city, and it was an amazing weekend. It always is, when I'm with him. On Friday we went to Nine Muses restaurant in Greektown (this place is my favorite restaurant in Chicago...in fact, for the past few years, all important occasions have been celebrated there), then hopped across the street to Artopolis for dessert.

Saturday we went Kayaking on Lake Michigan (or, rather, he kayaked and I sat up front and enjoyed the view...). The cloudy sky worked to our advantage as the weather was cooler and we avoided overheating. The water was crystal clear...so clear that in shallow areas we could see the sand at the bottom.

And the best part? We were told to Kayak to a certain point on the lake where we were able to see a shipwreck under the water. As it turns out, Lake Michigan apparently has thousands of wrecks that are well preserved because of the lake's cold freshwater.

How was your weekend?



{rice pudding....yum}





{colorful flowers}

{beautiful sunsets}


{I love this man}




{shipwreck}





14 comments:

Monica {bohemian twilight} said...

what a lovely weekend, especially having someone else do the kayaking, lol just my style. ;)

amy b.s. said...

oh my gosh that food looks amazing!

Paislea Elyse said...

great pictures!! that food looks sooo yummy right now!!!!

allister bee blog

Petite Voyageur said...

you are so adorable. this post makes me smile, and that greek food looks delish, i want it !(because im not eating enough? hahah). oh and i KNEW KNEW you would want to read the paris wife. literally when i was taking the picture by the pool today i was thinking that you would love it. haha. read it, its amazing!!!

In Love with San Diego said...

Yumm.. that Greek food looks delicious!! Seems like you had an awesome weekend.

Awesome blog. Follow each other?

inlovewithsandiego.blogspot.com

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

What a lovely, romantic weekend :)

LatteLisa said...

Your weekend sounds and looks fabulous!

jillian m. said...

That food...wow...so hungry now. Your weekend looked like it was so much fun! I want to go kayaking now.

wilybrunette said...

kayaking over a shipwreck?!!!! awesome.

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

What a fabulous weekend... I would love to visit Chicago and kayak on Lake Michigan. But... that shipwreck would freak me out underwater... I think I am a bit of a hydrophobe ;)

Helen said...

your pictures are so amazing! so cool that you were able to see the shipwrecks. they're tragically beautiful!

Sarah McCabe said...

Oh my goodness. That food all looks so delicious. You have some gorgeous pictures on your site!

Sarah McCabe said...

Oh my goodness. That food all looks so delicious right now. You have some gorgeous pictures on your blog!

Ana Degenaar said...

I'm a newbie here and I am loving it!
Please stop by and enter our Lulu*s Giveaway We'd love to meet you.