*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

27 July, 2011

My Life, Recently


{weekend spent at the lake house. divine.}


{deliciously sweet wine from a local winery}

{birthday cake made entirely from scratch by my love's wonderful mama}

{an improvised version of birthday cake}

{thai food never disappoints}


{dining al fresco before temperatures hit the 100s}


{avocado popsicles. seriously delicious. but don't take my word for it}

{wedding dress shopping for my best friend}

{being a tourist in my own city}


{daily reminder of the important things in life}

Summer is going by so quickly. In just a few short weeks, fall semester will start and with it, a whirlwind of papers, research and the usual mayhem. Though I know I'll miss these lazy days, I can't wait for fall and, truth be told, for {slightly} colder weather.

{I know I promised a giveaway this week....hold tight, it is coming Friday!}


10 comments:

LatteLisa said...

That looks like a wonderful life :-)

With our cloudy and rainy weather right now I'm not nearly ready for autumn. But spring arrived very early this year so I cannot really complain. I guess I'm just weather spoiled.

Pierrot le Fou said...

really gorgeous photos :)

Kyla said...

Ohh, great photos! I love that little mini cake...is it a cupcake? Or a doughnut? And that avocado popsicle looks delicious!

Sienna said...

this looks super pictureesque. i love thai food, i am totally starving as i read this

classiq said...

Oh, these really are the joys of summer. Even the hot weather, I'm not looking forward to fall. :)
Ada

Monica {bohemian twilight} said...

so much goodness.
that cake looks veeeery good, but i adore improvised birthday cakes too.

LOVE Thai food.

isn't it fun being a tourist in your own town?

Helen said...

What an inspiring post! Love the wedding dress shopping (eeks!) and avocado popsicle.

Elizabeth .: Have Your Cake Blog said...

Oh my gosh! Avocado popsicles?! Sounds delicious!

Tori said...

Thank you for the lovely comment.
I'm never ashamed to be a tourist in my own city, its the best way to find what brings others there and why they stay :)And often we forget about the "tourist" attractions when they're actually really fun! haha

xo
Tori

Jenni Austria Germany said...

being a tourist in your own city is the best!