*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

03 July, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ball Game


I've never been to a baseball game, despite the fact that I live in a city that is home to two rival baseball teams.

For me, baseball is under the category of "utterly uninteresting American sports", along with football and basketball (no offense JB and Sarah! ). Give me a good futbol or tennis game, anyday!

However, last week my French student gave me two tickets to a Cubs game. And since neither my love nor I had ever been to a baseball game, we decided we had to take advantage and see what we were missing.

We had a great time at the game, though it had everything to do with the beautiful skyline, delicious hot dogs and just being together, and absolutely nothing with the actual game itself (what are innings? how many more left? oh, did they start the game already?)

We left no more in love with the game than when we came in, but rather with a greater appreciation for each other, and a wonderful memory of a shared "first".....and for that, I thank you, baseball.







Hope you're having a lovely weekend! xx

8 comments:

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

Haha, well that is a very fun and fine discovery, getting so much good out of something that doesn't interest you;) The skyline looks amazing!

LatteLisa said...

love this post, that's the spirit ;-)

Meghan @ Wishful Thinking said...

Fantastic pics! I know nothing about baseball but it is one of the first things I want to do when I visit the states! Even just to soak up the atmosphere and have something tasty to eat!

Miyan said...

what a CUTE post! i've never felt the excitement of baseball either, but at least you can say you've been to one now ;)

ok, seriously i finally wrote you back and am sending my letter your way!!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Petite Voyageur said...

what a cute post, i used to go to baseball games a lot, more for the socialization than the actual game, but whatev haha. im SO glad you like sytycd too!! i dont know anyone else who likes it so i feel like a nerd sometimes haha. its so good this season though!!!

Monica {bohemian twilight} said...

lol, too funny.
i love that you guys got all the best bits out of the experience, so many people would have disliked the sport and so left miserable.

Allison said...

I'm with you -- give me a good futbol game, but baseball can be so... boring.
I think being in the stadium definitely makes it more exciting - the atmosphere is so contagious!
You write so beautifully and so well - I love reading all your posts :)

Red Boots said...

What great photos!

I don't get baseball either. In Britain baseball isn't a big thing: we have cricket instead. Which I don't get either. It's a load of men in white hitting a ball around a field to me! Though baseball matches look way more interesting to attend than cricket games!! x