*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

22 July, 2011

Ten Secrets


I found this 10 Day challenge at Miyan's awesome blog and decided to tag along. I have a habit of starting challenges and not finishing them, but I'm making it a point to see this one through....though I can't promise it will be exactly 10 days.

Here we go....ten secrets.

(via)
(1) I didn't have my first kiss until I was eighteen, a freshman in college. I was so scared I would be terrible at it that I pretended I had a cold for three weeks until one day, my then boyfriend couldn't take it anymore and kissed me as I was mid-sentence. I've received only compliments on my kissing abilities since then ;)

(via)
(2) I can spend the entire day at a bookstore. I'm constantly reading. Most nights I can't fall asleep without reading at least a few pages of a book, a magazine, the back of a shampoo bottle...it's a disease I am not willing to cure!

(via)
(3) I've had an obsession with Katherine Hepburn since I was thirteen years old. I'm not sure how it started, but I've read all her biographies and autobiographies. Strangely, I've never seen a single one of her movies.

(via)
(4) I can drink Sangria like it's water. It reminds me of summer nights in Barcelona.

(via)
(5) When I was little, I was terrified of thunder and storms. I would lie in bed at night, with my fingers in my ears and my eyes tightly shut, imagining lightning striking the house. Now I love thunderstorms, especially on lazy weekends.

(6) I've never felt comfortable in a bikini, even though I wear them. I'm working on changing that, not only physically (with healthy food and 6am runs by the lake), but mentally as well. It's all about confidence, right?


(via)
(7) Mmmmm......gelato. I could eat this every day for a year and not get tired of it. Pistachio and lemon are my favorites.
(via)
(8) I've always wanted to be a blonde...for a while. My mother has told me I am blonde enough already without having the hair color to prove it. chuckle, chuckle. (no offense all you gorgeous blondes! In truth, I would love to try it, but I'm afraid it will wash out my complexion and my green eyes)

(via)
(9) When I was fifteen, I was {very} afraid of wasps (still am). My mother and I were driving in the car when I saw one flying around right next to my leg. I freaked out and jumped into the front passenger seat. My mom turned to see what the commotion was about and, as a result, hit a car that was just coming around the corner. Thankfully it was only a minor accident, with minor damage. But the mortifying part was that it wasn't a wasp at all, just a lightning bug.

(via)
(10) I speak four languages fluently (French, Russian, Armenian, and English) and have dabbled in Portuguese, Spanish and Italian, and I'm always encouraging others to learn a new language, even the basic vocabulary. I cannot stress enough how many opportunities these languages have afforded me, and I'll always be thankful to my parents for having the foresight to encourage me to learn more when I was young.

Join in with me, I'd love to read your secrets ;)
Happy Friday
xx

p.s. Thank you all for your amazingly sweet comments on the birthday post. He was very touched, as was I. Birthday week/weekend recap coming up Monday, plus my first giveaway!

10 comments:

Natasha said...

(1) I had my first kiss when I was 15... It was no big thing for me :)
(2) I can spend the entire day at a candy store :)
(3) I had an obsession with Bugs Bunny :)
(4) I can drink coffee like water :)
(5) When I was little, I was terrified of horses (now I love 'em) :)
(6) I've never felt comfortable in a one-piece swimsuit :)
(7) stracciatella... yummy :)
(8) I don't want to be blond (my boyfriend wants me to be blond)
(9) When I was fifteen I used to love bugs - still do :)
(10) I speak two languages :)

Sienna said...

ok belle, i completely love you. i always wanted to be a blonde too (my mom is blonde, i felt adopted. plus britney spears was blonde and in 4th grade that was all that mattered). so i actually went blonde--NOT A GOOD IDEA. NEVER DO IT. haha

and i could and sometimes do spend all day in bookstores. you are the bomb :)

Kyla said...

Aww, this is a fun little challenge! I have to say, I didn't have my first kiss until 18 either, when I was in college. I'm glad I'm not the only one! ^^

Belly B said...

I love no. 1 and 2!! :) Your ex boyfriend sounded sweet ;) And never EVER cure that disease. enjoying to read is the best gift anyone can have!

<3 Belly B

Everything and Anything said...

loved learning a litte more about you!! I love #10, maybe I should go on a finaly take that Spanish class. Take care and have a wonderful week!

LatteLisa said...

So much fun knowing more about you. Let's hang out together in a bookshop in Paris one day, shall we?!!

Kelly said...

Your fake sickness is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Of course you were scared! And he was right to stop you mid sentence! :)

Alissa said...

Thank you for your comment over at my blog! And thanks for sharing your secrets. I also adore sangria and always want to be a blonde. Oh well . . .I'm definitely doing to do this challenge myself :)

Miyan said...

love it!!!!!! keep up with the challenge, i found the one about fears was the hardest...

love reading more about one of my fav bloggers!

ps- happy birthday to your beau!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

I am so jealous of your quad-lingual abilities. I only know English and Sign Language, and Nepali Sign Language. I would love to learn more spoken languages. Maybe someday. When I quit saying maybe someday and maybe do it, just without the maybe. ;)