*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

27 November, 2011

Place Settings.


Ever since I moved in with my fiance, I've developed an extreme case of nesting. I am powerless against the "home goods" section of any store, and a beautiful tablecloth or china pattern will make me drool almost as much as a macaron or a fresh baguette with French butter (more on that later).

As we are currently living with my fiance's brother and making use of his abundant kitchenware, we don't need anything and so I've been abstaining from any large or extravagant purchases. But i'm compiling a long wishlist of household items for next year, when we'll have our own place.

Currently, I'm lusting over these beautiful, dramatic, and elegant place settings. I'll take one of each please (in sets of six, of course). I especially love the last settings in black and gold.

Go here for the original images and to read about the stylists and designers behind these gorgeous settings.











16 comments:

Sara Louise said...

The blue and gold in the top right corner is perfect! I would love this on my table :-)

City Girl Chicago said...

There is something so wonderful about making a house a home, and I hear you that this feeling goes into overdrive during certain points in our lives!

Miyan said...

i am so with you on this! i love the "homey" section in each store!! i love these place settings, simply beautiful. i cant wait to own a place of my own!

Miyan
www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

mazzy may said...

What beautiful place settings. Nesting is a good instinct to have.

ellie said...

All the best on being a homebody. Love the selections of dishes.

Johanna said...

I love floral, dainty patterns on china which is so opposite my personality but there is something so nostalgic and girlie about them. Reminds me of my grandma. I can't wait to entertain more when we have a bigger space. Enjoy!

Alissa said...

I adore those blues and the last one is understated and very pretty. Can't wait to see what you end up getting for your wedding!

LatteLisa said...

you better have a set for me at the table!

that cake stand with the macarons ... mon dieu (read with a French accent!)

jillian m. said...

I'm with you! Now that I'm moving into a new place, I can't help but dream of (and pin, of course) kitchenware, color schemes, etc. It's completely addictive, but so much fun.

Red Boots said...

Ooh, they are all so pretty that I can't pick my favourite!!

I was the same, as soon as I moved in with my boyfriend all I wanted to do was look in the homewares section of shops. Don't know what it is that triggers it?! x

Adriana said...

Great inspirational photos I love the fist two!

The Many Colours of Happiness said...

They are all so gorgeous! I went through the same thing; I never thought I would but something just seems to click :)

audrey marie said...

love those blue ones! i go through waves where i just want to fix up our place perfectly.

Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

I just moved in with my boyfriend and am the same way.. suddenly so domestic!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oooh pretty place settings. And that table napkin ring in the last picture is gorgeous!

vanessa (the gal) said...

beautiful ideas!!! LOVE the green plate!

xo! vanessa (the gal)

http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/