*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

31 January, 2012

From Belgium, Via Australia










I've had a bit of a stressful day {including such lovely events as missing files from the research I've been conducting for the past year, and back-and-forth e-mails with our wedding venue which, though exciting, is proving to be extremely time consuming and a very effective test of my patience}

So you can imagine how absolutely thrilled I was when I opened the mailbox and saw a package addressed to me, from Australia - and even more so, when I opened it to find it was a beautiful notebook picked for me by Lisa in Belgium, whose blog I discovered a while back and have since bonded with over a mutual obsession with all things beautiful and, of course, French.

Merci mille fois, Lisa, for brightening my day!! I'll have to think of a special use for the notebook, it's almost too beautiful to write in!

Days like these are reminders of how amazing blogging is - when I showed my fiance the package, he said: "It's amazing that someone you have never met in real life took the time to get to know you, to pick out something for you, and to spend their time and energy towards sending you this".

Little does he know, Lisa and I have plans to meet, someday....in Paris, of course!! ;)

7 comments:

LatteLisa LisaHjalt said...

Yay, it has arrived :-) I'm so glad you liked it and you are so welcome.

Look how beautifully Wendy Paula packed this. Her work is amazing.

When picking a gift I thought: Why not a notebook so she can plan her wedding ;-) But I'm sure you already have a notebook for that one!

I'm pretty sure you'll find a good use for it. Enjoy my beautiful friend and Paris obsession soulmate!

Johanna said...

Blogging is the best, isn't it? Hope your day got much much better!

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

That is so sweet of Lisa, it looks beautiful! And it couldn't have arrived at a better moment indeed. Hope you're stressful events turn out to be better soon...

Miyan said...

i love that we have also made a connection through our blog. hope your day got better =) you have a package on its way from israel as well !!!

Miyan
www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

fifth floor apartment said...

hooray for blogging friends! i love them as well. some of my favorite people i've ever known i've never met, which is kind of cool :)

xo alison

Helen said...

I love this!!! Blogging is amazing. I've met so many special people. Lisa sounds wonderful!

Cee said...

You are a girl after my own heart - my location is going to Paris someday, too :) What a beautiful notebook Lisa sent you, I just love all of the sweet French-inspired details. Isn't blogging amazing? I've met some really wonderful friends on the internet first, and in person after... And let me tell you, it's even better in person!
xox,
Cee
http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com