*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

17 January, 2012

A Very Long Engagement




                                                                  





                                             






















It seems we (my fiance and I, that is) are starting the New Year by breaking a resolution already...perhaps the most important one - to get married this year.

After much thought and planning, we've decided to move the wedding to June/July 2013.

 In France. 

Outside Paris.

In a castle. 

In light of these facts, I think waiting a year will be entirely worth it :) 

We have so many plans for this year - I'll be traveling to Latvia sometime in the Spring, then in the summer we'll be apartment hunting, attending a wedding of my close friend for whom I"ll be a MOH, in the fall we hope to travel to Armenia, and in December we'll be in Australia for my cousin's wedding. 

Planning our wedding in the midst of everything seemed harried, rash and financially unsound. The more we talked about it, the more we stressed, until we realized this whole process should be one that we enjoy. 

And now that we've made the decision to wait, the weight is lifted off our shoulders and we are enjoying researching venues (we've found the one, waiting to finalize it!), finding photographers, and just discussing what our dream day will be like. 

I'm really looking forward to this year of adventures and planning, and to sharing the journey with you!




Source: stylemepretty.com via Anait on Pinterest

15 comments:

Johanna said...

I will be waiting for my invite and to answer your next question...I'm available. Don't worry!

Elizabeth Gilmore said...

Sounds like a lovely plan! I want to get married in a castle outside of Paris too!!

My Fiance and I have had a two year engagement and I agree that deciding to wait takes a bit of the pressure off - you want to enjoy the planning and not be stressed out after all!

I am sure your big day will be fabulous!

Lovely blog.

best,
e

jillian m. said...

Aaah, that sounds like the perfect wedding! So yeah, you have to wait a little longer, but that's totally worth it! And like you said, there's more time to plan things and just revel in the engagement a little more. Can't wait for those photos. I know they'll be absolutely dreamy.

LatteLisa LisaHjalt said...

great decision and I think you've picked the perfect place to get married :-)

by the way, the film 'A Very Long Engagement' was fantastic!

Kyla said...

Oh my, that sounds like the most romantic wedding ever! Good luck with your planning :)

Mel said...

Wow! The photos are gorgeous and what a romantic way to have a wedding. I'd say definitely worth the wait!

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

You have a LOT on your plate this year!! Congrats on the engagement :) A wedding outside of Paris? Swoon!

Crystal said...

Congratulations! You know, you guys will only be that much more romantic having waited. Your day will be beautiful, no doubt.

jenzie said...

wow, your wedding sounds like it's going to be a fairy tale! which castle are you getting married in?

Christel @ Captivated by image said...

I can very much relate to this as our wedding date planning is based on the same reasons. You are absolutely right about waiting a little longer so you can enjoy the process! That's what I'm aiming for too;) And France, SO romantic.

Miyan said...

ahhhh congrautlations on such a great decision! sounds perfect & romantic and just lovely. cant wait to hear more about your wedding vision and plans. and to hear about (and see!) your upcoming travels, sounds exciting. so happy to hear you two are making a decision that best fits and suits YOU GUYS. thats the most important.

Miyan

Morlee said...

Sounds amazing! I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Inga said...

It will be great! No need to hurry :)

City Girl Chicago said...

Oh my goodness, a castle outside of Paris sounds like an absolute fairy tale! I'm sure it will be worth the wait :) And I must ask, what will bring you to Latvia? I am 50% Latvian (I'm the first generation of my family born in the US), and have never been there, but of course am dying to go!

Melissa said...

I'm swooning at the idea of a wedding in France! How romantic :) Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and marriage! xo