*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

29 March, 2012

A Few Favorite Dinner Spots

Chicago has so many great restaurants....my list of places "to go" is always growing. 

These are just a few of my tried and true favorites:

Nine Muses, Greektown

Greektown is conveniently located just a few blocks from my university campus, so when I was an undergraduate student (and now, as a graduate student), Nine Muses (and Artopolis across the street) quickly became "my place" where the staff recognizes me, the bartender knows my drink, and where many afternoons and evenings have been spent languidly catching up over greek fries, tomato basil salads, gyros and St. Germain martinis (and don't get me started on the coffee and chocolate cake!). 



Quartino

This Italian eatery gets very packed and very loud but, the noise overload is worth it for the warm atmosphere and the seriously mouth watering pizzas and Sangria pitchers. Unfortunately, it's always too dark to take a proper photo, but you'll have to take my word for it - if you're visiting Chicago, or hosting guests in Chicago, this is a great place to go. 


Devon Seafood

This seafood join off Michigan avenue has a great happy hour special - $1 Oysters! And they will make your mouth water. Their appetizers are delicious, as well - lobster ravioli is a favorite. I'm also a fan of their cool atmosphere and extravagant drinks. 




What are your favorite restaurants in your city?

4 comments:

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Petit Oven has the most amazing lobster bisque! Love your blog. I'm now following you

xx

Jen

jillian m. said...

Looove Greek food! I'm trying to get my guy into it, but he's so reluctant for some reason.

There's actually a Greek diner nearby that I can't get enough of. It's a hole in the wall - the place is small and kind of dingy, but the food, prices and service can't be beat.

Sienna said...

i love traveling and trying new restaurants, these look yummy, especially the greek one!

JouJou Loves You said...

Waaaa..I use to work at Quartino's for a bit when I lived there!!!! SO fun...so wild :)