*HOME* *ABOUT ME* *PUBLICATIONS* *CONTACT*

23 December, 2012

To the Land Down Under

“I love a sunburnt country,

A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!”  
(Dorothea Mackellar, ThePoems of Dorothea Mackellar)

                                          Source: notesformyfuturefarm.tumblr.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

                                          Source: behind-the-lens-lukey.blogspot.com.au via Alicia on Pinterest

                                          Source: instacanv.as via Theresa on Pinterest

My love and I are off to Australia - a place I, even with my intense wanderlust, have never had the urge to visit - until plans had been made and I began to research this beautiful country. I can't wait to stroll through the city, explore hidden beaches, snorkel in the coral reefs, eat every meal al fresco, to welcome 2013 with a spectacular fireworks show in Sydney Harbour.

Mostly, I am ecstatic to spend the next few weeks exploring a new corner of the world with my future husband. Though we've taken many small trips together, apart from a {unforgettable} trip to Niagara Falls at the very beginning of our courtship, we have never traveled together outside the country. What better way to begin than by a voyage to the other corner of the world?

                                          Source: sarahbellestudio.tumblr.com via livemapp on Pinterest




1 comment:

tinajo said...

Sounds absolutely awesome - I want to go there too but will wait some years since it takes so long from Sweden and my kiddos aren´t up for that yet. Six hours on a plane is their comfort limit so far. :-)

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!